The Edo State Government has said that it is committed to resolving issues regarding pension gratuities and harmonized pay, noting that all issues will be cleared once an agreement has been reached with the leadership of the pensioners’ association.
The Deputy Governor of Edo State, Rt. Hon. Comrade Philip Shaibu, disclosed this while addressing pensioners in the Ring Road area of Benin City.
He noted that the state government has kept faith with its obligation to pensioners in the state by ensuring regular payment of pensions, assuring that all other lingering issues will be addressed accordingly.
Shaibu noted, “We have addressed the issue of pensions. We have been having issues on how to resolve the challenge with the payment of gratuities. We have agreed that the Head of Service Committee will continue with the discussion on how to resolve the issue.
“We have checked the issues with harmonization. We want to pay, but we are addressing issues of how to raise the funds. We have been on the issue for some time. There is also the issue of when to start from.
He added: “Just like we addressed the issue of pension, which we have resolved, we will also resolve this issue. We will not say because there’s a protest, we will now rush things. We want to ensure that timelines and modalities are agreed upon so that we will not tell you what we cannot do. We will agree and we will stick to our agreement.”
The deputy governor noted that the committee set to address the issue will meet with government representative to ensure that a realistic timeline will be fixed to resolve the issues.
- Edo State Rallies Support from Pharmacists to Develop Pharma Park, Medical Tourism
- Edo partners JHPIEGO, USAID to train LGA health Stakeholders and health workers
- INEC records 19,538 invalid PVCs registration in Edo – Officials
- Dotifi Domains UK acquires Nigeria’s Tweeterest Digital After Seed Funding From Sg5Capital London
- Clark – Tompolo Contract Ok,Lagos 3rd Mainland Tragedy,Russian School 9 Dead,Food Prices Rise
- Russian School – Gunman Kills 13 at least 7 Kids Dead !
- Why Nigeria rejected Telsa’s bid to mine raw lithium
- Kanu Sues DSS,US Arrests 35 Romance Cultist 419s,Gov Okowa Dares Herdsmen,Afenifere:Buhari=Herdsmen
- Politician dragged through streets for failing to fulfill campaign promises
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?