Samuel Chukwueze insists Villarreal can pull off another remarkable Champions League upset when they travel to Anfield for the first leg of their semi-final with Liverpool on Wednesday night.
Unai Emery’s well drilled side have already knocked out two former champions Juventus and Bayern Munich from the competition this season.
The Yellow Submarine travel to Merseyside with unbridled optimism about their chances of gleaning a positive result, and their La Liga fortunes have also improved with back-to-back wins over Getafe and Valencia.
“What makes this Villarreal team so special is that they take themselves as a family, they look after each other, and they work for each other on the field,”Chukwueze, who scored in the 1-1 draw against Bayern Munich at the Allianz Arena told uefa.com.
” They don’t complain: ‘Oh, this person’s not doing his job’ or anything. They work together. That’s what it means. That’s what’s keeping us together, the work, the contact, everything.”
Manager Emery has earned plaudits for transforming the modest club from Castellon to a strong force in Europe.
Reaď Also: Guardiola Must Win Champions League With City To Be Seen As ‘Great’ –Cole Posits Ahead Man City Vs Real Madrid
Villarreal won the UEFA Europa League last season and playing in the final of the Champions League this season would be a remarkable achievement for the club.
Chukwueze reflected on the importance of the former Paris Saint-Germain and Arsenal gaffer to their success.
“The most important thing is the coach. He’s so fantastic. He knows how to read the game and everything. Reaching the semi-finals with this coach, I think, is amazing,”he added.
“It’s a dream come true for him also, and for the club. Playing Liverpool – they are one of the favourites, also, but we’re going to push, to show them that this is why we’re in the semi-finals.”
Chukwueze and his teammates celebrated for long hours after winning the Europa League last season and the Nigeria international is already looking forward a bigger celebration should they made it to the final.
“The most important thing is to win the semi-finals. If we win the semi, maybe the celebration will be [bigger than the celebration after the UEFA Europa League win].
” [It’s] my first Champions League and my first semi-finals. Reaching the final would be amazing. It would [make this] one of the best seasons of my life.”
By Adeboye Amosu
The post ‘We’re Going To Push’- Chukwueze Upbeat ‘Family Team’ Villarreal Can Upset Liverpool appeared first on Complete Sports.
- Edo progresses with regulation of education ecosystem, urges support of private school operators
- Edo vigilante discovers decapitated, burnt corpse in Benin, apprehends four suspects
- Group demands for the Removal and prosecution of NEXIM Bank ED
- Oborevwori Storms Omo-Agege’s Ward’s, Receives APC Decampees
- Senate President advocates civic education against vote selling, vote buying
- Senate President assures soft drink manufacturers of due consideration over 10 percent tax
- Senate Approves N607.9 Billion For FCTA Budget for 2022 Fiscal Year
- N500billion Development Fund: Senate threatens CBN Gov, BOI MD, others with warrant of arrest
- Nigeria born music maestro set to unveil new video album
- National Youth Council of Nigeria, Edo State Chapter Elects New Executives
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?