Former Speaker, Edo State House of Assembly, Hon. Kabiru Adjoto has emerged as the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the Akoko-Edo Federal Constituency for the House of Representatives in the 2023 general elections.
Hon Adjoto defeated two other contestants at the PDP primary election held on Sunday at the party’s secretariat in Igarra, Akoko-Edo Local Government Area of Edo.
The Chairman of the Primary Election Committee appointed by the PDP National Working Committee, Mr Endurance Edughu said that due process was followed during the primary.
Udughu who announced the result said Hon. Adjoto scored 28 votes to emerge winner in the House of Representatives primary.
According to Edughu 30 delegates participated at the primary with on person absent, adding that the election was free, fair, and peaceful and conducted in accordance with the party’s constitution.
Speaking to journalists, the ex-speaker thanked the delegates for voting him and promised to work with members of the party to ensure PDP win the constituency in the general elections.
He said “PDP is strong and formidable in Akoko-Edo, haven’t been in the Edo state house of assembly and as a former speaker, I am tested and trusted when it comes to legislative busy”.
He however enjoined members of the party to unite and ensure victory for the PDP during the forthcoming elections.
In a similar vain, Hon Andrew Momodu have won the House of Representatives PDP candidate for Etsako Federal Constituency in the just concluded party’s primary held at Auchi public field.
Declaring Hon Andrew Momodu winner of the primary, the returning officer in the primary, Mr. Ehidiamhan Andrewyoung said having satisfied with the conduct of the party primary and scored the highest number of 89 votes, thereafter declared him winner.
Speaking with journalists, Hon Andrew Momodu expressed appreciation for finding worthy to represent the people at the national assembly and promised not to betray the confidence.
- Josemaria Lecture: Don Proffers Solution to Poverty in Nigeria
- African Bar Association condemns killing of migrants in Morocco
- NAICOM cancels registration certificates of 2 Insurance coys
- Nigeria displays commitment to honour debt obligations, redeems $300m diaspora bond
- Niger Delta group hails military onslaught against oil thieves
- MSMEs vital to livelihood, economic growth – Bello
- Obaseki: Construction and Renovation of More Schools in Edo State
- NASU: A Critical Organ
- NSCDC parades two suspected bandits in Kwara
- WHATEVER MAY BE THE PRICE I MUST DO WHAT IS RIGHT – 2022 african nigerian movies
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?