Arsenal proved their preseason form was not a fluke as they beat Crystal Palace 2-0 at Selhurst Park in the Premier League opener to get their campaign off to a flyer.
First half goal from Gabriel Martinelli and an own goal by Palace skipper Marc Guehi late in the game gave the Gunners all the three points.
Summer signings Gabriel Jesus and Oleksandr Zinchenko made their competitive starts for Arsenal.
French defender William Saliba also had his first official game for the Gunners since joining them in 2019.
Arsenal had the first big chance of the game in the fourth minute following beautiful footwork from Jesus but Martinelli fired just wide.
In the 20th minute Arsenal netted the first goal of the new season thanks to Martinelli.
Also Read: Mane On Target As Bayern Munich Thrash Frankfurt In Bundesliga Opener
The Gunners won a corner and Bukayo Saka’s effort found Zinchenko who headed across the box with Martinelli nodding past Palace keeper.
With four minutes left to play in the first half Palace almost equalized through Odsonne Edouard but his close range header was brilliantly saved by Aaron Ramsdale.
In the 52nd minute Eberechi Eze was presented with a brilliant defence splitting pass by Wilfried Zaha but failed to hit his effort past Ramsdale despite going one on one.
Arsenal were awarded a free-kick in a good area for a foul on Saka but Martin Odegaard’s clever attempt to catch Palace off guard missed the target.
On 66 minutes Palace had an opportunity close to the Arsenal box but Thomas Partey made a timely block.
With 20 minutes left Saka had a run on goal only to shoot his Chavez way off target.
After weathering Palace’s pressure in most part of the second half Arsenal went 2-0 ahead in the 85th minute as Guehi headed Saka’s cross into his own net.
A few minutes later Saka almost added a third but his strike inside the box was blocked for a corner.
Meanwhile, six fixtures will take place on Saturday with Everton vs Chelsea the pick of the bunch.
And on Sunday, three games will be decided to conclude match day one of the new season.
The post Arsenal Overcome Crystal Palace To Get Season Off To Perfect Start appeared first on Complete Sports.
- Eldest child inherits ‘Igiogbe’ in Benin, court rules
- Fasting – 14 Questions We Asked Twice What You Should Know Times Two ! www.eats.cam
- Why Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson broke up – Who Caused it ? Member of Kanye’s Family ? or What ?
- #2022 CWG: Brume Reclaims Long Jump Gold In Record-Breaking Fashion
- Man United Submit £6.75m For Ex-Stoke City Striker
- Raptors Basketball Academy Win 2022 OBN Hoop Summit
- Scholes: Man United Performance Was Shambolic
- Premier League: Ndidi Starts, Iheanacho Benched As Leicester Draw Vs Brentford
- Werner On Brink Of Returning To Former Club Leipzig
- LaLiga Club Getafe Join Sadiq Chase
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?