The Edo State Government has alerted the public to the antics of an illegal taskforce out to extort unsuspecting members of the public over urban and regional planning infractions in Benin metropolis.
In a statement, Commissioner for Physical Planning, Urban and Regional Development, Isoken Omo, said the state government has established modus operandi and would never collect cash from members of the public, as is the practice of the illegal taskforce.
She said the Ministry has set up a whistleblowing platform for members of the public to report suspicious activities so as to safeguard unsuspecting property owners from fraudsters. The whistleblowing platform can be reached on: 09150783459.
According to her, “There is an illegal taskforce claiming to be from the Ministry extorting money from unsuspecting people.
“The Edo State Government staff must show a valid government ID card which the public is at liberty to take a photo of. We will also never take cash as the government operates a cashless policy.”
She added: “All planning permit/approval transactions must emanate from the issuance of a bill in our office. The public should insist on the issuance of contravention notices where applicable and come to our office for clarifications.
“Please report any officer demanding cash to the Ministry of Physical Planning, Urban and Regional Development Whistle Blowing line: 09150783459. Please be guided.”
- Eldest child inherits ‘Igiogbe’ in Benin, court rules
- Fasting – 14 Questions We Asked Twice What You Should Know Times Two ! www.eats.cam
- Why Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson broke up – Who Caused it ? Member of Kanye’s Family ? or What ?
- #2022 CWG: Brume Reclaims Long Jump Gold In Record-Breaking Fashion
- Man United Submit £6.75m For Ex-Stoke City Striker
- Raptors Basketball Academy Win 2022 OBN Hoop Summit
- Scholes: Man United Performance Was Shambolic
- Premier League: Ndidi Starts, Iheanacho Benched As Leicester Draw Vs Brentford
- Werner On Brink Of Returning To Former Club Leipzig
- LaLiga Club Getafe Join Sadiq Chase
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?