Following the recent outbreak of measles in Edo State and accelerating efforts to ramp up the demand for COVID-19 vaccination uptake in Edo State, the Edo State Primary Health Care Development Agency (EDSPHCDA) has intensified advocacy for measles vaccination and other communicable diseases to reduce the spread.
The Health Education Officer, Mrs. Irene Uabor while on an advocacy tour to National Orientation Agency(NOA) Head Office in Benin City to solicit NOA’s collaboration in creating awareness on measles vaccination, explained that measles virus could spread through direct contact with infected persons who are either coughing or sneezing.
Mrs. Uabor noted that several cases of the outbreak of measles have been recorded in some Local Government Areas of the State hence the need for vaccination.
She urged the general public to access the nearest health centers for vaccination to prevent the spread of the disease.
Also speaking, the Edo State Director, National Orientation Agency(NOA), Mr. Austin Odile assured of NOA’s support in creating the much needed awareness of measles vaccination. He Stressed that the Community mobilization Officers (COMOS) will be instructed to increase COVID-19 vaccine awareness, raising efforts across the 18 LGAs and measles campaign.
- Edo State Rallies Support from Pharmacists to Develop Pharma Park, Medical Tourism
- Edo partners JHPIEGO, USAID to train LGA health Stakeholders and health workers
- INEC records 19,538 invalid PVCs registration in Edo – Officials
- Dotifi Domains UK acquires Nigeria’s Tweeterest Digital After Seed Funding From Sg5Capital London
- Clark – Tompolo Contract Ok,Lagos 3rd Mainland Tragedy,Russian School 9 Dead,Food Prices Rise
- Russian School – Gunman Kills 13 at least 7 Kids Dead !
- Why Nigeria rejected Telsa’s bid to mine raw lithium
- Kanu Sues DSS,US Arrests 35 Romance Cultist 419s,Gov Okowa Dares Herdsmen,Afenifere:Buhari=Herdsmen
- Politician dragged through streets for failing to fulfill campaign promises
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?