The Permanent Secretary, Edo State Sports Commission Mrs Sabina Chikere has restated that the Commission is committed to the overall development of sports in the state, assuring all the sports associations of equity and fairness.
The female sports administrator who doubles as the General Coordinator of Bendel Insurance Football Club and Edo Queens gave the assurance today in Benin during a ceremony when the commission received former professional boxer Albert Eromosele who donated some boxing equipment to the Commission.
Some of the equipment the sports Commission received from the former champion include Boxing Gloves,Head Guards, shoes and other necessary protective items in their dozens.
“Collaboration for development is what we want in Edo state. So,I want to onbehalf of the chairman of the Edo state sports Commission Yussuf Alli say thank you to the donor Mr Albert Eromosele for his kind gesture. We appreciate you for giving back to the society. We sincerely appreciate you and all that you represent for supporting our young boxers with these expensive equipment. We want to assure you and out boxing Association that we will work towards actualising some of the advice you have given us today concerning the progress of boxing in our state.”
” We also want to reassure all stakeholders that Edo state government and the sports Commission will not relent in our determination to take sports generally to an enviable height in Edo state. We urge others who have also made it through sports to emulate our guest Albert Eromosele by giving back to the society”. Sabina stressed.
Earlier in an address,the former Nigerian professional boxer Albert Erhumusele while presenting the boxing equipment to the Edo Sports Commission lamented the current state of boxing in Edo state and vowed that he is willing to collaborate with government and other stakeholders to resurrecte and promote the combat sports in Edo state.
“We need to encourage our young boxers and I am willing to commit my resources to achieve results in the pursuit of producing Edo boxers to represent Nigeria at international stage. We used to have all Edo finals in National Boxing competitions. We can achieve that feat again if we all work together.
The former boxing champion Eromosele promised to sponsor a one-day boxing competition at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium this weekend as part of his efforts to help lift the combat sports in the state .
- Edo State Rallies Support from Pharmacists to Develop Pharma Park, Medical Tourism
- Edo partners JHPIEGO, USAID to train LGA health Stakeholders and health workers
- INEC records 19,538 invalid PVCs registration in Edo – Officials
- Dotifi Domains UK acquires Nigeria’s Tweeterest Digital After Seed Funding From Sg5Capital London
- Clark – Tompolo Contract Ok,Lagos 3rd Mainland Tragedy,Russian School 9 Dead,Food Prices Rise
- Russian School – Gunman Kills 13 at least 7 Kids Dead !
- Why Nigeria rejected Telsa’s bid to mine raw lithium
- Kanu Sues DSS,US Arrests 35 Romance Cultist 419s,Gov Okowa Dares Herdsmen,Afenifere:Buhari=Herdsmen
- Politician dragged through streets for failing to fulfill campaign promises
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?