183 views, 29 views today
A Tribeca man admitted Friday he brutally beat and slashed his mother’s throat to get his hands on his inheritance.
Jared Eng, 25, pleaded guilty to one count of murder in Manhattan Supreme Court as part of a plea deal for the grisly murder of Paula Chin, 65, in January 2019.
Eng viciously beat and slashed his mom — whom he claimed had $11 million in the bank — during a fight in an apartment they shared in Tribeca to try to speed up collecting his inheritance.
After the gruesome murder, Eng sanitized the apartment with his girlfriend Jennifer Lopez. The pair then transported his mother’s remains in Chin’s own car, a 2004 Toyota Land Cruiser, to the family home in Morristown, NJ.
Eng’s other lover, Caitlyn O’Rourke, joined the couple in New Jersey the following Feb. 1, where she helped stuff Chin’s body into a garbage can that was left on the property.
Eng’s older brother, Brandon, reported their mom missing and cops found her decomposing remains in the trash bin the next day.
Investigators found bloody rubber gloves in the garbage and bloodstains on the New Jersey residence’s garage floor. More bloody gloves, along with blood traces, were found inside the Tribeca apartment.
In a series of text messages after the murder, Eng reported “It’s done,” “I’m free,” and that he “got rid of [his] problem,” according to prosecutors.
He then began changing the passwords on Chin’s bank accounts, searching for inheritance lawyers and researching ways to dispose of his mom’s corpse — including a chilling Google search for “DIY bone meal.”
“This was a brutal and shocking murder of the defendant’s own mother, and while nothing can undo this tragedy, today’s guilty plea represents an important step towards justice,” Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg said in a statement.
According to court records, police found the remains of Paula Chin in a trash bin a day after being reported missing.
Lopez and O’Rourke are charged with lesser crimes, including the concealment of a human corpse. Their cases are still pending.
Eng’s attorney could not immediately be reached for comment.
He’s scheduled to be sentenced to a minimum of 18 years to life in prison on Oct. 18.
- Edo State Rallies Support from Pharmacists to Develop Pharma Park, Medical Tourism
- Edo partners JHPIEGO, USAID to train LGA health Stakeholders and health workers
- INEC records 19,538 invalid PVCs registration in Edo – Officials
- Dotifi Domains UK acquires Nigeria’s Tweeterest Digital After Seed Funding From Sg5Capital London
- Clark – Tompolo Contract Ok,Lagos 3rd Mainland Tragedy,Russian School 9 Dead,Food Prices Rise
- Russian School – Gunman Kills 13 at least 7 Kids Dead !
- Why Nigeria rejected Telsa’s bid to mine raw lithium
- Kanu Sues DSS,US Arrests 35 Romance Cultist 419s,Gov Okowa Dares Herdsmen,Afenifere:Buhari=Herdsmen
- Politician dragged through streets for failing to fulfill campaign promises
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?