Edo State Ministry of Health in collaboration with John Hopkins Programme for International Education in Gynaecology and Obstetrics (JHPIEGO) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) have organized a 3 days workshop to train Local government health stakeholders and Local Government health workers towards the improvement of maternal and child healthcare quality in the State.
Declaring the workshop open, the Commissioner for Health, Prof. Obehi Akoria, while appreciating USAID on behalf of the State Government, admonished the participants to see the training as a sure way of building their capacity for effective service delivery in their places of primary assignments, adding that it is a rare privilege for USAID to bring the workshop to Benin City.
Prof. Akoria appealed to the partners to help monitor the effectiveness of the workshop in order to achieve the desired goal in maternal and child healthcare delivery system as well as building the knowledge and skills of participants on how to conduct quality improvement projects in well selected learning sites, using the Quality Improvement (QI) process in the State.
In his speech, a Scientific Officer of the National Primary Healthcare Development Agency (NPHDA), Mr. Aminu Selisu Adamu, observed that quality care is very crucial in healthcare delivery system, adding that the agency’s objective is to work with the state in taking ownership and prioritizing Maternal and Child healthcare delivery in the State.
Dr. Victor Fatimehin, a Public health Physician, while presenting a lecture on “Strategy on quality improvement of care and quality of care,” recommended more similar workshops for continuous training of healthcare workers for effective service delivery.
According to the Training Schedule, the workshop was organized to educate participants on the World Health Organization’s (WHO) quality care, Maternal Newborn and Child Health (MNCH) framework for improving quality care in health facility and to build skills of the State and LGA managers to oversee start-up and continuous support of high level of care across clinical mentoring and peer-to-peer learning.
- Edo progresses with regulation of education ecosystem, urges support of private school operators
- Edo vigilante discovers decapitated, burnt corpse in Benin, apprehends four suspects
- Group demands for the Removal and prosecution of NEXIM Bank ED
- Oborevwori Storms Omo-Agege’s Ward’s, Receives APC Decampees
- Senate President advocates civic education against vote selling, vote buying
- Senate President assures soft drink manufacturers of due consideration over 10 percent tax
- Senate Approves N607.9 Billion For FCTA Budget for 2022 Fiscal Year
- N500billion Development Fund: Senate threatens CBN Gov, BOI MD, others with warrant of arrest
- Nigeria born music maestro set to unveil new video album
- National Youth Council of Nigeria, Edo State Chapter Elects New Executives
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?