93 views, 93 views today
At least nine people, including children, have been killed in a school shooting in the Russian city of Izhevsk, the authorities there said.
A gunman entered School Number 88, which teaches the first to 11th grades, and killed two security guards, two teachers and at least five minors, according to federal investigators, who also said the assailant killed himself.Russia: At least 13 dead, 21 wounded in Izhevsk school shooting
The attacker turned the gun on himself after killing several people in the central Udmurtia region.
Seven children are among the 13 victims killed by a gunman at a school in central Russia, authorities said.
Russia’s Investigative Committee said in a statement on Monday that 14 children and seven adults were also injured in the shooting in Izhevsk, west of the Ural Mountains in the Udmurtia region.
Governor Alexander Brechalov said: “There are victims among the children, there are wounded too.” The attacker later turned the gun on himself, Brechalov said.
Russia’s interior ministry confirmed the shooting on its Telegram feed.
The Investigative Committee identified the gunman as 34-year-old Artyom Kazantsev, a graduate of the same school.
The gunman wore a black t-shirt with “Nazi symbols”, the Committee added.
“Any shooting at a school is a cause for deep concern for authorities, families and the nation in general. We have seen that in the United States and many other countries,” said Al Jazeera’s Mohamed Vall, reporting from Moscow. “But Russians are saying this is not a frequent occurrence in Russia – and most of the time it is difficult to establish the motives behind it.”
Russia’s National Guard said Kazantsev used two non-lethal handguns adapted to fire real bullets. The guns were not registered with the authorities. A criminal probe into the incident has been launched on charges of multiple murder and illegal possession of firearms.
Izhevsk is a city of about 640,000 people about 960 kilometres (596 miles) east of Moscow.
The post Russian School – Gunman Kills 13 at least 7 Kids Dead ! first appeared on SwordPress.NG !.
- Edo progresses with regulation of education ecosystem, urges support of private school operators
- Edo vigilante discovers decapitated, burnt corpse in Benin, apprehends four suspects
- Group demands for the Removal and prosecution of NEXIM Bank ED
- Oborevwori Storms Omo-Agege’s Ward’s, Receives APC Decampees
- Senate President advocates civic education against vote selling, vote buying
- Senate President assures soft drink manufacturers of due consideration over 10 percent tax
- Senate Approves N607.9 Billion For FCTA Budget for 2022 Fiscal Year
- N500billion Development Fund: Senate threatens CBN Gov, BOI MD, others with warrant of arrest
- Nigeria born music maestro set to unveil new video album
- National Youth Council of Nigeria, Edo State Chapter Elects New Executives
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?