The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has mourned the passing of Madam Rose Akuogbe Alenkhe, mother of the Chairman of Edo State chapter of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Comr. Festus Alenkhe.
Obaseki, in a statement, described the late matriarch as a kind, meek, compassionate and loving woman, noting that she will be remembered as a peaceful mother, who loved her family and community.
The governor said, “I am saddened by the news of the passing of Madam Rose Akuogbe Alenkhe, mother of the Chairman of Edo State’s chapter of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Comrade Festus Alenkhe, who passed at the age of 76.
“Madam Rose Akuogbe Alenkhe was a kind, meek, compassionate and loving woman who lived an exemplary life. She espoused strong family values and impacted positively on everyone who came in contact with her.
Obaseki added, “I commiserate with the Chairman of Edo State’s chapter of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Comrade Festus Alenkhe, and the entire Alenkhe family, friends and associates and pray that God will grant all the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.”
- Edo progresses with regulation of education ecosystem, urges support of private school operators
- Edo vigilante discovers decapitated, burnt corpse in Benin, apprehends four suspects
- Group demands for the Removal and prosecution of NEXIM Bank ED
- Oborevwori Storms Omo-Agege’s Ward’s, Receives APC Decampees
- Senate President advocates civic education against vote selling, vote buying
- Senate President assures soft drink manufacturers of due consideration over 10 percent tax
- Senate Approves N607.9 Billion For FCTA Budget for 2022 Fiscal Year
- N500billion Development Fund: Senate threatens CBN Gov, BOI MD, others with warrant of arrest
- Nigeria born music maestro set to unveil new video album
- National Youth Council of Nigeria, Edo State Chapter Elects New Executives
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?