Edo State Commissioner for Business Trade and Cooperatives Hon. Afishetu Braimoh, has said that the creatives and technically inclined people are the most successful
The Commissioner made this assertion during the graduation ceremony of 90 trainees of The National Skill Development programme organized by the Small and Medium Enterprises Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN) in Benin City
According to her, the goal of Edo State Government is to provide enabling environment for Edo businesses to succeed and to provide accessible market and visibility to every products made in Edo products.
The Commissioner further advised them to be passionate about their business and trade adding that the opportunities before them are endless
Addressing the trainees, Mrs. Jacklin Oscar who represented the Director General of SMEDAN Mr. Wale Fasanya said the programme which has been implemented in all the states in Nigeria including Abuja, is designed to help trainees with vocational skills and operational materials to enable them to be self reliant.
In his good will message, the Managing Director, Edo State Investment Promotion office, Mr. Kelvin Uwaibi encouraged all trainees to take advantage of various opportunities made available by Edo State Government to advance their trade and businesses adding that they should do all in their powers to avoid distraction and discouragement along the line.
Vocational material given to the 90 graduands who were trained in fashion design, photography and dry-cleaning in Edo, were 70 industrial sewing machines, 10 photo cameras, 10 industrial washing machines and 10 pressing irons.
Hon. Afishetu Braimoh expressed gratitude to the Federal Government and SMEDAN for the materials given to the graduands.
She further advised the graduands not to sell those materials but to put them into good use in order to improve their lives and affect those around them positively.
“It is the determination of Edo State Government through the Ministry of Business Trade and Cooperatives and other development partners to create wealth for its citizenry through friendly business environment, access to capital and market,” she added
- Edo progresses with regulation of education ecosystem, urges support of private school operators
- Edo vigilante discovers decapitated, burnt corpse in Benin, apprehends four suspects
- Group demands for the Removal and prosecution of NEXIM Bank ED
- Oborevwori Storms Omo-Agege’s Ward’s, Receives APC Decampees
- Senate President advocates civic education against vote selling, vote buying
- Senate President assures soft drink manufacturers of due consideration over 10 percent tax
- Senate Approves N607.9 Billion For FCTA Budget for 2022 Fiscal Year
- N500billion Development Fund: Senate threatens CBN Gov, BOI MD, others with warrant of arrest
- Nigeria born music maestro set to unveil new video album
- National Youth Council of Nigeria, Edo State Chapter Elects New Executives
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?